Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gymnastics

So I have to tell you about our experience with gymnastics. Two weeks ago Ella had her first class. She was really excited but when we got there, things fell apart. She would scream and cry any time her teacher came near her, she refused to sit on her mat and she would not go in the order her teacher told the class to. All the moms were just looking at me as my child was refusing to do anything I wanted her to. I was brokenhearted because I had this vision in my mind of her loving it but it was not as I had hoped! The teacher encouraged me to keep bringing her that she would warm up. I bought her a leotard after the first class and brought it home for her to try on and we had another meltdown. I managed to get her to put it on but she cried the whole time saying, "I not like it, take off my 'unicard'". I got so tickled I couldn't even be upset! This was our first episode of the infamous terrible twos. The next week when we went back, she still refused to wear the "unicard" but she did have a better experience. Her teacher let her jump in the foam pit and she warmed up to her in there. We have been practicing our handstands and saying "presentation!" She seems to enjoy it at home so I am hoping she will warm up to it!!

No comments: